November 22nd, 2014
Published on June 6th, 2013 | by Randomguru2
Zen and the Art of Oatmeal: A Simple, Healthy Breakfast
This is how I prepare a simple bowl of oatmeal.
For vegetarians and vegans, this is the perfect Zen Breakfast.
If you are high-raw, you can still have this for breakfast if you are something like 75% raw.
Personally, I think this simple bowl of Oatmeal is the easiest to prepare.
1/3 cup Oats
1/2 cup Water
1 small Banana – sliced
1 handful Blueberries
1 large Strawberry – sliced
Option 1: 1 tsp raw sugar
Option 2: 1 handful Blackberries
I know for some of you, using a microwave is off-limits.
But here’s what I do:
1. First, slice the Bananas and Strawberries.
2. Pour 1/3 cup Oats into a small bowl.
3. Pour 1/2 cup Water over the Oats. (Tip: Gently pour around the sides of the bowl so the Oats will stay in the center)
4. Microwave for 1 minute 15 seconds. (Or a minute, depending on your Microwave)
Optional: You can place the ingredients in a small pot over the stove and cook your Oatmeal that way.
5. Take it out of the microwave. Optional: At this point, sprinkle tsp raw sugar over the Oatmeal.
6. Add the sliced fruits and the berries. And your done.
I could go on and on about the health benefits of Oatmeal. But if you’re looking for reasons to have a bowl of Oatmeal daily, here’s a few that I have found quite compelling.