Wednesday April 1, 2015, 9:14 am
A Basic Raw Vegan Salad
The Basis for Many Salads
Since I’m somewhat new to posting recipes (seriously, I’ve only posted a few), I thought it would be a good idea to post my version of a classic raw-vegan salad.
This basic salad is extremely easy to make, in keeping with my basic philosophy of simplicity.
. . .
THE THREE PARTS:
- Greens ~ lettuces, spinach, etc.
- Toppings ~ tomatoes, olives, cucumber slices, etc.
- Dressing ~ oil & vinegar
BASIC RAW SALAD
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 2 Cups Lettuce and Spinach Leaves
- 5-6 Cucumber Slices
- 3-4 Grape Tomatoes ~ halved
- 1 Tbsp Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- Place greens in a salad plate or bowl.
- Add the toppings.
- Sprinkle the oil & vinegar over toppings and greens.
- And as much as possible, use all organic ingredients.
- Let the salad sit a few minutes to adapt to room temperature.
- Use organic extra-virgin, 1st cold pressed olive oil.
- Other topping suggestions: avocado slices, radish slices, olives, blueberries, strawberries, almonds, pistachios, tangerine slices.