Thursday June 18, 2015, 1:28 pm
Vegan Deli Sandwich
A Simple Compassionate Vegan Deli Sandwich
This is my favorite Vegan Deli Sandwich for lunch or for an afternoon meal. For those transitional Vegans, this is perfect as many of us have been raised on sandwiches, and our Moms used to pack those bologna and cheese sandwiches into our lunch boxes.
In this sandwich you get grains, fruit (yes, tomato is technically a fruit), and vegetables. If you use the curry, that’s an important herb and spice that is healthy for our digestive systems. And sourdough bread is probiotic, so if you’re vegan you can eat this instead of yogurt. Sourdough bread also has a low glycemic load.
Overall, this is a very healthy and light meal that is also Vegan and compassionate toward animals.
Compassionate Vegan Deli Sandwich
Total Time: 10-15 Minutes
- 2 Slices Organic Sourdough Bread (thinly sliced)
- 1 Tbsp Organic Veganaise
- 1/2 Avocado ~ small
- 1 Slice Organic Beefsteak Tomato
- 2 Large Romaine Lettuce Leaves
- 1-2 Slices Vegan Bologna
- 1 Slice Vegan Cheese ~ Cheddar or American
- 1 Slice Daiya Vegan Cheese ~ Swiss
- 1/2 Cup Organic Broccoli Sprouts
- 1/2 Tsp Organic Curry Powder (optional)
- Spread the Veganaise on one slice of Sourdough bread.
- Place the tomato slice, cheese and bologna slices on top.
- On the other slice of Sourdough bread, spread the avocado.
- Place the sprouts and lettuce on top.
- Merge the two slices together to form one thick Compassionate Deli Sandwich.
- Use toothpicks if necessary to hold the sandwich in place.
- If you have an unsliced loaf of Sourdough Bread, you can cut thinner slices.
- Thinner slices would be ideal for cutting the sandwich into quarters and serving as tea sandwiches.
- Try substituting Sourdough bread with Rye bread.
- If you opt to make the Curry Vegan Mayo, simply add some Veganaise into a small container. Mix in the Curry Powder until it’s fully blended with the Veganaise.
More Vegan Sandwich Ideas