IF YOU BOUGHT AN IPHONE FOR THE FIRST TIME and you just signed up with Facebook as well, you can easily connect your smartphone to Facebook to receive notifications via text messaging.
The following is a Visual Tutorial to make it super easy to set up Text Messaging between your iPhone and your Facebook Account. Being able to send text messages to your friends between Facebook and your iPhone is just a nice, basic thing to have activated.
What You Can Do
- Allows the Facebook Mobile app to send text messages to your iPhone.
- Allows you to receive notifications for friend requests, messages, wall posts, and status updates from your friends.
- You can update your status via text messaging.
- You can search for phone numbers.
- You can upload photos and videos from your iPhone.
Connecting iPhone to Facebook for Texting
Click the Account Menu (inverted triangle).
Click Account Settings.
At the left side of the General Account Settings page, click Mobile.
At the Mobile Settings page, click + Add a Phone.
Select your Country/Region and your Mobile Carrier.
You will be asked to send a text message to a phone number with the letter “F”. And you’ll get a text message back with a Confirmation Code, which you’ll need to type into the blank field. Do this from your iPhone, but first you’ll need to select (or unselect) a couple of checkboxes.
- Launch your Messages App from your iPhone.
- Text the letter “F” to the phone number “32665”.
- Back to Facebook, type the Confirmation Code, then click Next.
Enter your account password, then click Submit.
Back to the Mobile Settings page, and the final set has been completed!