THIS QUESTION COMES UP SOMETIMES in conversation when talking about Facebook.
Just how the heck do I quit Facebook?
Believe me, I quit Facebook once. It’s funny that they only deactivate your account, so you have the option to come back and, that’s what I ended up doing.
The actual deactivation page is not all that visible. If you don’t know where to look you end up having to explore a bit before getting to it.
But, here’s a visual tutorial that should make the process quite easy.
- Click the inverted triangle in the upper right-hand corner.
- You’ll see a drop-down menu.
- Click on “Account Settings”.
- On the left side, click on the “Security” tab.
- Click on “Deactivate your account” at the bottom of the page.
- Congratulations! You made it to the deactivation page! Of course, a few friends will persuade you to stay.
- Fill out the form by selecting whatever options apply to you.
- When you are done, just click the “Confirm” button and… “Elvis has left the building!”
Subscribe: Get updates by email and stay connected.
Did you find this article useful? Consider subscribing to this site via email updates. Thanks for reading!