So, I’m sure everyone by now has heard of the new Macbook Air by Apple? The world’s thinnest notebook computer, and being promoted as “Thinnovation”…
Sure, I’d love to have a brand new computer and an ultra-portable one at that! Wouldn’t you? And I confess that this new notebook computer looks gorgeous… starting at $1,799 though (which to me is a rather hefty price, but that’s Apple for ya).
Here’s a guided tour via YouTube:
And some links:
. . . .
A few cons:
1. No optical drive.
2. No firewire port.
3. The battery is built-in (can’t change it)
4. 13.3 inches diagonal screen (sort of small)
6. You’ll probably have to buy the expensive Apple Care plan as well.
. . . .
1. Multi-touch tracking pad (with pinch and swipe)
2. Smart LED Display (which supposedly is quite bright)
3. Beautifully and aesthetically pleasing to the eye (and thin)
4. 1.6GHz or 1.8GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor.
5. 2GB of RAM built in
6. 802.11n Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR built in
7. 80GB hard drive provides plenty of storage space. And you have the option to upgrade to a 64GB solid-state drive, which has no moving parts for enhanced durability.
8. Has a super-light aluminum shell (did we say it was thin? yep)
. . . .
Well, the problem with technology and innovation is that it keeps moving forward and at a fast pace. Well, that’s essentially a good thing, if you’ve got the money to continually keep up with all the latest technology and gadgets. And even if one has the funds, if your current computer is working just fine and it’s a gazillion years old (in computer years) then why get a new one, right? I mean, if it’s not broke, why fix it? …as the old saying goes…
But still, I’ve been drooling (just slightly) over this newest product that Apple will begin shipping in a week or two to its Apple Stores. One has to have an appreciation for cutting edge technology and beautiful, aesthetically pleasing “toys”…
This latest innovation from Apple looks so cool!