The Omnipresence of Protein & Amino Acids
1. Once you’ve established a plant-based, low fat diet, you can eat 500 calorie smoothies and 1,000 calorie dinners and do quite well in maintaining or losing weight.
2. Although, I never weight myself. I just make sure my clothes don’t get tight! Weight fluctuates greatly from day-to-day and one can get quite discouraged.
3. Carbs = Energy!
4. Having said that about Carbs. It’s important to realize that we all need a fuel source to get us through the day. Carbs are the key ingredient, so long as it’s low fat, high carb.
5. The emphasis on needing high protein foods has been over-exaggerated by the Meat & Dairy industries! Seriously!
6. All plant foods contain protein and amino acids.
7. If you eat a high carb, low fat, vegan diet… you can get all the protein and amino acids you need in the correct amounts and throughout the day!
8. Did I mention that protein has been over-exaggerated?
9. You only need something like 10% to 15% total protein from your overall intake of foods. The majority needs to come from…. you guessed it… CARBS!
10. Not all carbs are created equal, though.
11. For example, processed carbs aren’t good for you. Like sugar, which is evil in large amounts, like drinking a can of Coke!
12. Get your clean carbs (clean fuel) from whole grains and whole fruits and vegetables.
More Vegan Thoughts
Harvard Study: A Vegan Diet Can Cut Deaths by One Third
Wednesday May 2, 2018 by Carlos Rull
Filed as: Nutrition, Vegan
The China Study, The Macrobiotic Diet and Vegan Lifestyle
Tuesday April 24, 2018 by Carlos Rull
Filed as: Vegan, Wellness
More Observations on a Gluten-Free, Vegan Diet in 2018
Thursday March 29, 2018 by Carlos Rull
Filed as: Journal, Vegan
Rebounding Through Yoga Practice & Vegan Diet
Wednesday March 21, 2018 by Carlos Rull
Filed as: Journal
The Best Raw Vegan Sandwich Ever!
Monday March 12, 2018 by Carlos Rull
Filed as: Vegan, Vegan Recipes