Happy Mother’s Day to all the lovely Moms out there! And if you’re currently not a Mom, well perhaps you were a Mom in a past life (that goes for the guys too).
Just some random notes on Mother’s Day, which might be amended to later today.
- Google, as usual, celebrating Mother’s Day!
- It’s definitely advantageous to hit the supermarkets early on Mother’s Day. I got there early this morning and they had the full selection of flowers and things… they were fully stocked and ready for the onslaught of Mother’s Day shoppers.
- I’m into a Baroque phase with my daily piano practice. In case you don’t know yet, I DO practice piano daily without fail, from 2 to 4 hours a day. But I know I need to practice more than that if I am to radically improve. But Baroque music is something I’m listening to everyday now on Last.fm.
- Of course, when I mention I play Baroque on piano, I’m not playing specific pieces, although I might play a popular Baroque piece, it is entirely improvised and my own version.
- My goal is to be able to improvise Baroque styles, coming up with my own pieces fluidly and easily. Nothing rehearsed or played consistently each time, though rehearsing the “style” itself.
- I’m running my own server at home now, on Ubuntu Linux 9.04. And my new domain is up and running at: tiny.mooo.com.
- tiny.mooo.com will specifically focus on servers, hardware, software, linux, networks and computer programming. Personal experiences with working the command line and exploring the linux kernel, shell programming, etc…
- tiny.mooo.com will be a good place to document my explorations into the apache server and ubuntu linux.
- My other domain that points to my home server is: randomguru.is-a-geek.com.
- I’m exhibiting an intense desire to get involved with the open source movement, something I sort of ignored until recently. I would like to contribute in some way to the Ubuntu movement, since I am feeling very supportive of open source applications right now.
- You can also follow me on NetworkedBlogs.com, and I’ll be sure to follow you. If not, slap me or find some way to get my attention and I’ll follow you…
- I want to see the new Star Trek movie!