Random thoughts and feelings on New Year’s Day
- I looked at last year’s New Year’s entry and noticed similar challenges.
- For one, the heater wasn’t working last year just before New Year’s Day. This year I was messing around with our old thermostat and managed to get it working. Some electrical points weren’t touching. So as soon as possible I’m going to install a new thermostat.
- The stock market was also tumbling just before New Year’s Day, just like last year. There is definitely a pattern around the holiday season that I should be aware of.
- Last year we had a family reunion for Christmas time with my wife’s side of the family, and people flew in from back East and we cleaned and prepared for this event. It was a lot of hard work but it paid off. It was a nice time.
- I remember getting off my Vegan Diet and my health suffered.
- In 2015 I have been Vegan for most of the year. And I can count the times on one hand that I fell off the Vegan wagon. On Thanksgiving. On Christmas. And during our Hawaiian Trip.
- In 2016 I plan to make it an All-Vegan year this time. My health somehow suffers when I get off the Vegan Diet and it’s mainly to 1) satisfy others’ influence to get me to eat some sort of protein-rich food. 2) feeling left out because I’m the only Vegan. I wish others I knew were Vegan because it sure would help me out. I know people mean well but the only time I got sick this year was when I went off the Vegan Diet!
- I thank my niece Diana for making the Vegan Tamales for the Hawaiian Trip. It was hard sometimes to find healthy Vegan foods and those really helped. Thanks again!
- My family and I just finished a nice multi-island vacation of Hawaii! We were stoked and we had a grand time, other than the fact that I got sick with flu-like symptoms. Don’t know if I actually had the flu, but I definitely was congested in my chest, throat and nasal passages. I had a sore throat and headache. I had a mental fog and couldn’t concentrate. And at one point I just had to rest and sleep it off when we were on the Big Island. Right now I’m about 90% back to normal health.
- I am proud of my youngest son for graduating with a Bachelor of Science degree in Biological Sciences. That’s a tough major with lots of Organic Chemistry, Physics, Calculus and similar tough subjects. So, the difficulty level was greater and I’m proud that he accomplished that.
- Overall, the Hawaiian Trip was excellent and we visited Kauai for the first time ever. And I know for sure that I’d like to go back there again someday. I’ll be posting photos from the big trip soon.
You must log in to post a comment.