I know, rather cheesy with the 101 thing but I couldn’t resist, and I wanted to be a little different…..
This is for RBJ’s August 2007 Collaboration:
. . . .
001. I’m right-handed.
002. I don’t smoke.
003. I drink alcoholic beverages occasionally. Not everyday.
004. Generally, I’m an optimist.
005. But at the same time I worry a lot.
006. Playing piano is something I love to do.
007. I have played piano since 5.
008. I’ve played drums since 9.
009. Blue is my favorite colour.
010. But most of the time I like to wear black.
011. I love to eat.
012. I’m a vegan, and mostly eat raw foods.
013. I was never blessed with a fast metabolism.
014. So, I have to exercise and move about constantly if I want to stay slim.
015. I love yoga. I just need to do it everyday.
016. I love meditation. And I really need to do that everyday too.
017. Gardening is one of my favorite past-times.
018. Life has been moving too fast lately.
019. Sometimes, I don’t take too well to criticism.
020. But I will listen to people’s advice in order to improve myself.
021. I hate failure, but I understand it’s a path to success.
022. So, I have failed many times in my life.
023. At the same time, I realize that sometimes one must fail in order to succeed.
024. I worked at a large financial institution for 12.5 years of my life.
025. While I was a banker for those 12.5 years, I was still a musician.
026. I got laid off from my banking job.
027. Being laid off devastated me. It took a long time for me to recover.
028. I never wore braces.
029. I would like to lose about 25 lbs.
030. Sometimes, I think I’m a failure.
031. Of course, there have been shining moments when I was a winner.
032. For most of my life I’ve lived in San Diego.
033. I really love computers.
034. We have 6 computers in our family… on a network, of course.
035. My home network is called “Lord Shiva’s Ashram”.
036. I really, really love chocolate ice cream!
037. I haven’t had chocolate ice cream in a long, long time….
038. My biggest triumph was meeting the love of my life.
039. My wife is way better than chocolate ice cream!
040. My wife is an angel. She met me (fortunately) at the lowest point in my life.
041. I have contemplated suicide once or twice.
042. I use an electric tooth brush.
043. I sleep on the left side of the bed.
044. Once-in-a-while, I get painful leg cramps at night.
045. I haven’t gotten a painful leg cramp in a long time. *knock on wood*
046. At times, I feel I am crying on the inside.
047. Many times I am saddened by the terrible tragedies occuring in the world.
048. Sometimes, I like to sleep naked.
049. Most of the time though, I sleep with pajama pants and an old tanktop.
050. I almost drowned in the ocean when I was 18.
051. I lone surfer saved me and he came down from this huge wave like an angel.
052. I really thought I was a goner when I almost drowned.
053. I never got a chance to thank the surfer who saved me. He mysteriously disappeared.
054. Performing music keeps me going in life.
055. Equally important is my family: My wife and two sons.
056. My wife and two sons are my best friends in the whole wide world.
057. A movie I never grow tired of? Star Wars: A New Hope
058. Another movie I never grow tired of? It’s A Wonderful Life
059. Someday I will own previously mentioned movie on DVD.
060. I have an innie.
061. In college I weighted 145 lbs.
062. I’m not particularly satisfied with my current weight.
063. I’m not picky. I can listen to anything musically.
064. I consider myself an ethno-musicologist.
065. I really love the music of the Himalayas… Nepal, Tibet, India…
066. Most of my early childhood was spent in Coronado Island, CA.
067. I don’t particularly like shopping.
068. But, I do go shopping when there is something specific I need.
069. This is a good place in the list to say that I’m a very sexual person.
070. I love to burn candles and incense.
071. I almost burned the house down when I was a kid. So I’m very careful with fire.
072. I’m not a very politically minded individual.
073. Nor do I like sports all that much.
074. However, I love the Summer Olympics with a passion.
075. I lack discipline in many things. For one, I need to be more organized.
076. I first got online back in 1989, when I logged on to BBS’s.
077. Back then, I also logged on to my college’s IBM Mainframes from my Mac SE.
078, I first logged onto the Internet back in 1992. It was all text-only back then and very primitive compared to today.
079. The very first time I used a computer was back in 1978. When I used my friend’s Apple-E Computer.
080. The first time I used a computer in a working environment was in 1983, on IBM and Sanyo PC’s.
081. My favorite computer game on the Mac was “Beyond Dark Castle”.
082. I don’t play many computer games any more. Not enough time. Life’s too short at my age.
083. But I like a good board game once-in-a-while. My favorites are Axis and Allies, Monopoly, and Chess. And Scrabble!
084. I love photography. But I consider myself an artist/amateur photographer.
085. I have had a coin and stamp collection since back when I was in the boy scouts.
086. I have other collections too. I’m a pack rat who seriously needs to clean out his garage and have a huge garage sale.
088. Hmm… not much of a reader of fiction and novels. But, I have tons of computer books and how-to books.
089. I’m a total neat freak. I love to keep things organized, which I’ve always found to be an uphill battle.
090. I’m not so much a religious person but I am a spiritual person.
091. I believe in love-at-first-sight, because I experienced it firsthand. It was a very intense deja-vu experience that I can still picture vividly in my mind.
092. I used to write letters everyday to my soulmate, even though we lived in the same city.
093. I consider myself a Buddhist, though I was raised a Christian (Catholic).
094. I study both Buddhism and Christianity, and somehow believe in both.
095. My latest passion is working with digital photography, photoshop and Picasa 3.0.
096. My latest obsession is watching old movies on the DVD player.
097. Ideal car? If I had the money I’d be happy with a BMW 745-IL or a Mercedes SLK-500 hardtop convertible. Sorry, I won’t buy American any more, Ford sucks… and I own one.
098. If I had the money I’d fly back to Europe for an extended vacation. But in reality the family and I are planning a Summer vacation to the Philippines and Asia.
099. Well, I also have this burning desire to travel to the Himalayas one day, and visit a Tibetan Monastery.
100. The latest toy I’m salivating over is a Nikon Telephoto Zoom Lens…..
101. Actually, forget about number 097. Instead of a luxury car I would love to finally own a Steinway Grand Piano in a shiny black finish. (Update: My wife gave me a Yamaha Grand Piano for my 50th birthday!)
You must log in to post a comment.