Today was a brutal day on the Stock Market.
As a matter of fact my portfolio plummeted -1.68%.
The major indices plummeted as well.
S&P 500 -1.33%
First off, there were a lot of world events that could have affected the stock market today.
Let’s make a list:
- 1. Ebola Virus hits the U.S. – Well, America is a developed country with adequate healthcare, purified water, and resources that will make it harder for Ebola to take a foothold here. But, this news freaks people out, no less.
- 2. Hong Kong Protests – Let’s face it. The tens of thousands of young protestors against the Chinese Government is big news and further can be freaking out the market.
- 3. ISIS – Of course, the ongoing airstrikes and strife happening in Syria and Iraq have been causing tensions in the market. And any resolution to this War isn’t going to happen in the foreseeable future, probably compounded by possible threats on American soil.
- 4. Ukraine/Russia Conflict – Well, this has been going on for much of the year already, but the fact is that this conflict is still ongoing and probably plays a lesser role in the market right now.
- 5. Interest Rates – There has been a lot of speculation that the Feds might raise interest rates. This causes nervousness in the market.
- 6. Impending Bear Market – Quite a few stock analysts have pointed to an impending Bear Market, saying that most stocks are over-valued and/or over-sold.
- 7. The Eurozone – And there is more potential economic woes in Europe.
- 8. Apple Woes – Despite pre-sales totaling 10 million units, Bendgate was a thorn in Apple’s side, along with iOS 8 update problems that caused customers to lose phone reception and lose data.
In Other News
Consumer Reports reviewed Apple’s iPhone 6/6+, for better or worse. See the video above.