Because I trade stocks and conduct my stock analysis everyday, I’ve always been looking out for a way to have multiple monitors to my computer setup.
The Need for Multiple Monitors
Right now I currently use a Macbook Air (circa 2011) and I run multiple desktops, so I typically slide back and forth through 5 different desktops.
My Current Desktops
- iTunes – So I can listen to Classical Music while I trade and do my research.
- Chrome – Of course, my access to the Internet, with multiple tabs.
- Charting Software – via my brokerage (streaming quotes).
- Stock Spy – another stock app.
- Finder – I’ll have the finder window open to search for files and docs.
Using 3 Monitors
Of course, it would be awesome to have 3 24″ monitors to have at least the following:
- Stock Charting Software
- Chrome Browser
- Stock Spy or equivalent
And below, I think this kid has a viable solution!
How To Have Multiple Monitors On The Macbook Air
This multiple monitor setup uses Tripleheadtogo Digital SE by Matrox.
Note: The Matrox TripleHead2Go Three-Monitor Graphics Expansion – Digital Edition T2G-D3D-IF, seems to be the better choice and the most current. Click on the image above.