It’s hard to believe that I had been a vegetarian for a good part of my adult life, diving into Veganism and then Raw Foodism.
I thought going raw was a bit extreme after trying it for a few years. And socially, it was insane. I mean, I couldn’t eat much of anything at parties!
. . . .
Anyway, for those who haven’t been keeping up with my updates, I started eating a vegetarian diet again on Easter Sunday, after having been an omnivore since Thanksgiving Day of last year. From around August 2013 to Thanksgiving 2013, I had been eating a vegetarian diet, mostly focused on raw vegan foods.
So today I feel better. It’s like I’m getting my mojo back!
Although, from Sunday to Tuesday, I was feeling sluggish and not too good. But this was because I decided to give up on coffee and caffeinated beverages at the same time.
But today, I’m fully vegetarian, and drinking only decaf coffee and espressos.
I feel like I’m on the right track.
For Future Reference
And I’m realizing a few things:
1. I need a large, mostly raw salad, on a daily basis.
2. It’s okay to have that big smoothie in the morning.
3. Sprouts are a much needed ingredient on this vegetarian diet.
4. Avocados too.
5. It’s okay to have a peanut butter sandwich for a complete protein.
6. I also need to have a green smoothie in the afternoons.