This is a nice, simple recipe for making Home Fries, and the first thing I cooked up with the new Cast Iron Skillet, so I was pretty stoked about making this. What’s even more cool is that this is a very simple recipe using just a few ingredients.
VEGAN HOME FRIES
Total Time: Less than 30 minutes
- 2-3 Russet or Red Potatoes, washed and cut into 1/2 pieces
- 1/2 Yellow or White Onion, diced
- 2-3 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp Canola Oil
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Heat up a medium-sized Skillet, on medium-high for a couple of minutes.
- Add the Canola Oil and spread throughout the Skillet’s surface.
- Add the Onions and stir until they brown slightly.
- Add the Garlic and stir light for a minute.
- Add the Potatoes and sauté until soft and they brown.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper to taste.
Tips and Notes
- Russet Potatoes are tougher and harder than the Red Potatoes. You might want to blanch them for a bit before adding to the skillet.
- Feel free to adjust the ingredients as you like it. For instance, add more garlic.
- Try sun-dried tomatoes or chopped fresh tomatoes.
- Got a suggestion? Please add it in the comments section below.