San Bernardino Massacre
First off, I wanted to send my thoughts and prayers to the victims (and their families) of the tragic massacre in San Bernardino.
It’s senseless. It’s cowardly. It’s tragic in that precious lives were cut short. The husband and wife killers dropped off their 6 month old baby with grandma before the couple went on their rampage! Now the baby is an orphan.
Anyway, I can’t talk about it too much or else I’ll get too emotional over this tragedy. There have been way too many shootings in 2015. It’s sickening! When are we as a nation going to take measures to stop the violence? Statistics show that there are more guns in the U.S. than people living in it.
All I have to say is that we as a nation must come together and be truly united. As the old saying goes, “United we stand, divided we fall”.
- 1. Today I’m on an 80s musical throwback. It’s been quite awhile since I’ve listened to all those great tunes of the 1980s. Come to think of it, some great music came out of that era, and we had some great music videos. It was a Golden Era for music videos!
- 2. I’m also into Rachmaninoff again! Listening to piano concertos nos. 2 and 3, and symphony no. 2.
- 3. I’ve been slow getting the tree and the lights up. For one, we have so many decorations to put on the tree. And I don’t want to think about the lights. Let’s just say I only want to put up the bare minimum and conserve on electricity. I’m frugal, after all.
- 4. My garden needs a serious makeover. That is all.
- 5. I’ve been serious again about building my music collection. Some genres I’m working on: Ambient, Brian Eno, Classical composers like Beethoven, Rachmaninoff, Funk as in Tower of Power, James Brown, and The Meters, AND I’ve been getting into medieval, renaissance and gregorian chant. Hildegard Von Bingen is a big focus.
I’ve been a devout Vegan all year long! Except for Thanksgiving, where I made the mistake to eating Salmon, Roast Beef, Chicken and Turkey. Ugh. The family and I went to one of those all-you-can-eat Thanksgiving Buffets. I mean, the food was great and I could’ve eaten all Vegan if I wanted to, but I succumbed to the peer pressure and thought to myself, just this once.
Well, it’s not that I felt ill. I suffered a major zombie-like food coma, so much so that the following day I forgot that I had a gig. I mean, I totally missed it, although having a gig the day after Thanksgiving is quite rare for me. Since then, I’ve managed to rebound from that and back to being Vegan. And now I know that I can never do something like that without suffering some bad side-effects.
So now, my focus is on leafy greens and large salads. I’m skipping on the breads and rice because they simply can be fattening during the holidays. And if I do eat a starchy meal it’ll be in the evening. So in essence, I’m adopting the Raw-to-4 philosophy, but if possible, try to eat all raw. I DO feel so much better and my body recovers faster from hard workouts!
My portfolio has been doing great over the past few months, thanks in part to investments in the following stocks: Amazon (AMZN), Disney (DIS), Alphabet, Inc. (GOOG, GOOGL), Starbucks (SBUX) and Apple, Inc. (AAPL).
That is all…