Niyama is the second limb of Yoga that focuses on personal observances and spiritual practices. Compared to the moral principles of Yama, Niyama centers on adopting personal habits and attitude that focuses more inward.
Niyama contains within it the five personal observances:
- Sauca ~ the practice of purity.
- Santosa ~ the practice of contentment.
- Tapas ~ the practice of austerities.
- Svadhyaya ~ self study of spiritual teachings.
- Isvarapranidhana ~ devotion to God.
Note: Check back for further expansion of this page.
You must log in to post a comment.