Simple Gazpacho Andaluz
This is now my favorite soup, which originated from Andalusia in Southern Spain.
This is a very simple version of Gazpacho. I’ve seen many recipes out there that have a ton of ingredients, like Emeril’s Gazpacho. And I WILL try it someday, but for now I’m into recipes with just a few ingredients, but taste like there’s more…
- 4 Large Hot House Organic Tomatoes
- 1 Small or Medium Red Bell Pepper
- 2 Cloves of Garlic
- 1/3 Large Cucumber (peeled)
- 1/2 Cup Extra-Virgin Organic Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Sherry Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Himalayan Salt
- A dash of ground pepper (optional)
- Dice the Tomatoes, Bell Pepper, Cucumber.
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend on LOW for at least 30 seconds.
- Blend on Medium for another 30 seconds. Or until it looks creamy.
- Ideally, chill for 3-4 hours. Then serve.
- Optional: Garnish with minced Parsley and Cucumber.
- The blending of olive oil and tomatoes give the soup that creamy thick texture, as if there is cream in it. In Spain, I had to ask if there was cream and they assured me there wasn’t.
- It’s important to chill the soup after blending, as this is a dish best served cold.